- If you are asked by a supervisor to take a reasonable suspicion drug test, and you refuse it will be considered as a refusal to test which can lead to being fired and reported to the FMCSA Clearinghouse which you would need to go before a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP).
- If you are in an accident in a company vehicle you will be required to have a Breath Alcohol test (BAT) and a Urine Drug Screen (UDS). The breath alcohol test must be done within 8 hours of the incident, and the (UDS) must be completed within 32 hours.
- When you arrive to a collection site you are not allowed to leave the collection site until an adequate specimen is given. If you leave the collection site before a specimen is given it will be reported as a refusal.
- A Medical Review Officer (MRO) will contact you if they have questions about medications, you may be on that was found in the laboratory and to make sure they are prescribed to you.
- Whenever an employee has what is called a shy bladder, they will have up to 3 hours to provide an adequate sample. If they cannot give an adequate sample in the allowed given time, it will be considered a refusal.
- No employee is allowed any kind of alcohol or illicit drug use while operating a commercial vehicle.
- Marijuana is still an illegal drug no matter if its legal in the state you live in and even CBD products will show up as a positive on any drug test given.
- Random testing is a requirement for all DOT companies that is ran 4 times a year which you must comply with.
- If you fail a DOT Drug or Alcohol test or refuse to test this will result in removal from the DOT safety-sensitive position and a referral to a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP).
- Once you are notified of a random test selection, you are required to report for testing immediately. This means immediately.