Do you need to file an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)?

by | Mar 17, 2023 | 0 comments

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement between the lower 48 states of the United States and the Canadian provinces to simplify the reporting of fuel use by motor carriers that operate in more than one State or Province for vehicles over 26,000 pounds. Motor Carriers are required to file and pay IFTA  taxes and application fees quarterly. IFTA filings are due in April, July, October, and January.

To properly file your International Fuel Tax Agreement you will need the miles traveled and the number of gallons of fuel purchased for each vehicle for each State the vehicle traveled in. This information is easily tracked when using  fuel cards and Electronic Logging Devices (ELD). At the very least, you will need to gather your fuel receipts and driver logs.

Comprehensive Drug Screening & DOT Compliance Services can help your company file the IFTA in your State.

Thanks for sharing!



Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *